DamageInc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DamageInc

WELCOME!DamageInc Guild - WOW - Karazhan

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Level Limite Raised??

Go down 
+8
Zizzu
Revlon
Arjunah
Goldeagle
Imnoob
Daggnabit
Dracthelaen
Tentaklossus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What is the best level entrance limit for the guild?
0 - Quantity is Quality, i always say!
Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_lcap0%Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
10 - 1 talentpoint is enough!
 0% [ 0 ]
20 - it stays put
Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_lcap25%Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_lcap19%Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
30 - Getting tough
Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_lcap44%Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_lcap12%Guild Level Limite Raised?? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
60 - Outland limit
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
70 - Endgamers only.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Tentaklossus
Prince
Prince
Tentaklossus

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Guild Level Limite Raised?? Empty
PostSubject: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:12 pm

It is the apparent experience of many of the old members that even though we recently raised the level limit to 20, there might be due cause to raise it yet again this time to 30 or even 40. This is mainly because of growing tendancy of incensere and immature (i refuse to use the word noob) players coming into the guild at lvl 20'ish.

This is an invitation to put down any thoughts you have into this Forum.
Back to top Go down
Dracthelaen
Prince
Prince

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 3:30 am

I think this poll is a good idea. Personally i wouldn't mind having it raised to 30, but the following cleanup (bye bye 20-30) shouldn't be done till after the summer, as many people will go on holidays and such. alien

Anyways, lets just wait and see what people think.
Back to top Go down
Daggnabit
Knight
Daggnabit

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 5:41 am

40, after the summer is over would be my vote. gves the current guildies who are slow lvlers to hit the mark too Smile
Back to top Go down
Imnoob
High Champion
High Champion
Imnoob

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:05 am

think lvl 30 for now,

and mayby after summerbreak 35/40+ lol!

P.S. why am i knight rank? Mad affraid
Back to top Go down
Goldeagle
Knight

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:16 am

lvl 25 for me i dont think we can raise it too high we will lose too many members other wise at lvl 25 we would be raising the standard
Back to top Go down
Arjunah
Admin
Admin
Arjunah

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:37 am

I agree with Dract.
And...
I think 30 lvl will be ok... as fare as i know many ppl are testing profesions and i know that we got 20-25 lvl chars that are "dumpet" by players and they just log on them for a sec. So maby if we raised limit to 30 it will safe us from that kind of chars.

(sorry for my english Smile )
Back to top Go down
Imnoob
High Champion
High Champion
Imnoob

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 pm

to be rly safe for that sort of chars, you gotta do lvl req on 40 Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Revlon
Prince
Prince
Revlon

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 6:25 pm

Nah i still think we should keep it at lvl 20 coz we dont want to miss out on any players starting on the server over the summer pirat

And also we dont want Smelly guilds like <NOX> (Ninja's R US) stealing all the new players Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tentaklossus
Prince
Prince
Tentaklossus

PostSubject: Pros and Cons   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 4:40 am

PROS

By raising the level limit we will ensure a higher level of commitment and seriousness in our new members. This will in turn generate a more prestigous aura around the <Damage Inc> name.

CONS

We will be missing out new members, especially since the percantage of new ally chars are increasing - this will, as Revlon put it, mean that we will loose could-be-members to competing guilds. /cough hate nox /end cough.

As the poll dictate atm - there will be a level increase to lvl 25-30, but it will be up to the officers to discuss any actions taken in this matter - and we have yet to hear the opinion of our GM.

Thanks a lot for all the input guys.
Back to top Go down
Zizzu
Champion
Champion

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 5:11 am

Heya, I voted keep as is..as I thought maybe with the development of the forums and such we could encourage more commitment/participation from the lower level members. And equally, the size that we are already, far larger than any of the raid guilds, maybe we should level are priorities at creating a stronger community rather than honed fighting force. Not that the latter isnt possible in a large guild or the fact that a large number of lower level players are less..'mature' isnt true...I just feel we should either keep reruiting...or dont atall ^_^

Recruitment could be directed at higher levels all the same...ty
Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Admin
Elysia

Number of posts : 62
Localisation : "sitting in a tree trying to forget... lalalala, lalala"
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Well, you guys all make valid points... I have been going back and forth a bit, trying to decide what is best for the guild.

I think that the best thing to do is to eep the limit at 20, but make some kind of rule that could make people lvl faster, and then kick the ones who just stays lvl 20 and only loggs on once in a while.

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Kayser
High Champion
High Champion

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 2:18 am

In my opinion we should have a look how many ppl in the guild have lvl 30 and 40 cuz if there is most ppl with lvl 40 and we'll invite ppl at 30 they will not have many members to play with to do same quest and go on instances. Thats why i think that if there is most ppl around 40 to cap should be raised up to lvl 40.

Moreover ppl at 40 traver fast and exp fast and they are more bound to their char since they have a mount and all we need now is active players cuz i have noticed that since last few weeks we invited many ppl but our daily amount of active players didn't rise that much. well i would go for 40
Back to top Go down
Tentaklossus
Prince
Prince
Tentaklossus

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:16 am

Hmm...this isnt easy - and it seems there are many well though-out arguments pulling the final decision in mutliple directions. When i first posted the poll i was leaning towards raising the limit towards 30 - but now after reading the many fine posts posted on the subject - i find myself thinking that the invite limit shouldn't be raised.

Instead i think we could introduce certain inviting policies - such as focusing our invites at lvl 40+ and maybe have periods of time with active recruiting by the officers. So far the recruitment have been sporadic and uncoordinated by the guild management - this could change in favor of recruitment weeks maybe? This would put pressure on the officers of the guild - but it might improve the standard of the average new <Damage Inc> member. I dont know. Maybe this is altogether a bit too serious, what do you guys think?

Edit:

Maybe - and this is a very newborn idea - we could create the position of High Champion of Recruitment? One to be in charge of recrruiting individuals, post guild advertisments in city channel and monitor 'fresh' member's to pick up any - and forgive this crude term - rotten apples. This position, should it be created, would demand a lot of diplomacy, eloquence and patience, i realize it would be a tough position to fill - so maybe it isnt the best idea i ever had, but thought i share it anyway
Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Admin
Elysia

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 2:49 pm

Quote :
Edit:

Maybe - and this is a very newborn idea - we could create the position of High Champion of Recruitment? One to be in charge of recrruiting individuals, post guild advertisments in city channel and monitor 'fresh' member's to pick up any - and forgive this crude term - rotten apples. This position, should it be created, would demand a lot of diplomacy, eloquence and patience, i realize it would be a tough position to fill - so maybe it isnt the best idea i ever had, but thought i share it anyway

I actually like this idea, not that it should eliminate other types of recruitment though, I mainly like the part where we have someone who specifically moniters new members. All of the officers can invite, and should do so as much as possible, but I like the idea, that some one is looking after and out for the new members. I try to be the one to decide when people should be kicked and so on, but I cant keep track of everyone all the time.
Back to top Go down
Thunror
Knight
Thunror

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 4:19 pm

I agree that we should raise the limit but not so soon, we should have a higher number of players in outland before we stop the lower levels from being part of the guild.
Back to top Go down
Daggnabit
Knight
Daggnabit

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 3:12 am

Thunror wrote:
I agree that we should raise the limit but not so soon, we should have a higher number of players in outland before we stop the lower levels from being part of the guild.

I think the outland part would be only really applicable for going after the 60+ crowd, imo

Oh and a big no no on forcing people to lvl within a certian timeframe or they're out. You shouldnt dictate how people want to spend their online time Shocked
Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Admin
Elysia

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 3:49 am

Quote :
Oh and a big no no on forcing people to lvl within a certian timeframe or they're out. You shouldnt dictate how people want to spend their online time

Well I would never make a completetly unfair timeframe, I dont think it is a big nono to do so though, we want active players, and if you are lvl 22 for three months I dont really think you are an active player.

On another note, if we raise the limit at some point, it will be the only time, for a long time. I dont think we should cut of low lvls yet. The point of this guild still is to help eachother and have fun, do a bit of raiding and so on. I dont see it becomming one of those "we raid 9 times a week and if you are not there you are kicked"-guilds.
Back to top Go down
Daggnabit
Knight
Daggnabit

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 4:01 am

Elysia wrote:
Quote :
Oh and a big no no on forcing people to lvl within a certian timeframe or they're out. You shouldnt dictate how people want to spend their online time

Well I would never make a completetly unfair timeframe, I dont think it is a big nono to do so though, we want active players, and if you are lvl 22 for three months I dont really think you are an active player.

On another note, if we raise the limit at some point, it will be the only time, for a long time. I dont think we should cut of low lvls yet. The point of this guild still is to help eachother and have fun, do a bit of raiding and so on. I dont see it becomming one of those "we raid 9 times a week and if you are not there you are kicked"-guilds.

True, but that lvl 22 player could be on everyday bg'ing and hence his lvl doesnt move (bit ike my hunter alt who has been lvl 18 longer than Dagg has been active ;p The mofo has got around 2.2k honor and 150ish tokens, muhahahaha).

My point is aslong as someone is loggin on then there is no reason for them to be kicked or whatever
Back to top Go down
EluneClaw
Champion
Champion
EluneClaw

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 7:17 pm

Yes, im agree with u Thunror.
For someone who playing this game almost 2 years alrdy i know that this server r pretty new, theres many ppl who creates the first\second char or came like me "just for pvp".
We need to hold on with raise the lvl require for recruiting members cuz i think when we will have more ppl in OL and more ppl who lvled above 45 then we should think about it dont u think?
Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Admin
Elysia

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 am

EluneClaw wrote:
Yes, im agree with u Thunror.
For someone who playing this game almost 2 years alrdy i know that this server r pretty new, theres many ppl who creates the first\second char or came like me "just for pvp".
We need to hold on with raise the lvl require for recruiting members cuz i think when we will have more ppl in OL and more ppl who lvled above 45 then we should think about it dont u think?

Yeah, I agree with that. For the time beeing we are not gonna raise the limit for invite. after the summer we can think about it again.
Back to top Go down
Dracthelaen
Prince
Prince

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:05 am

Just my last 2 cents on this matter before hitting the trains - YAY!

After reading all the responses on the matter, I'm kinda glad the limit isn't being raised even though i voted for it.
Some people mentions the state of the realm when argumenting for their choice - this is an aspect i hadn't thought about before voting.

Numbers taken from

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=758&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=70&servertypeid=-1

shows that the population is divided in 35% alliance and 65% horde. I've been checking in from time to time since i rolled on the realm, and when i first rolled the statistics said 15% A and 85% H. The increase in alliance population has been slow but steady, and it seems that the latest month has brought a lot of new alliance chars with it.
The superior increase in the alliance population may be due to lack of entries from the horde side, but i think that we without loosing a limb can say that we are gaining on them.
Nevertheless i think many new players checking the realm statistics refrain from rolling here because of the 1:1,8 ratio not to mention the 1:2,2 activity ratio.

What i want to state is just that i think that it's good that there is a semi-lowbie guild to welcome the people that in fact DO roll on the realm, so they don't reroll after serveral hours of ganking without being able to get help.
Heck, I don't even care if they just use us to lvl and then leave for one of the raiding guilds - as long as we know we made an efford to tip the scale, so that one day we can claim orgrimmar as ours 24/7!!! Cool
We don't have enough high-lvl members to start raiding atm anyways, and some people would possibly rather do some arena and such.

So to back up the final decision: Leave the limit as is, and lets make sure the gankers become the ganked!

In regards to the High Champion of recruiting i must say that i think the burden of such a position would be too great to place on one person. I would rather that some responsibilities were laid on all high champions, princes (Gz Rev) and her royal highness to once in a while post a message in the guild recruitment channel. I think the monitoring of new members works fine as it is. Lots of stuff comes out in the chat, and that which don't is usually filed as a complaint to one of the officers.

Yeah yeah people I hear ya - I'll stop now. geek

See you all in one month, and may you have a lovely summer!

- Drac
Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Admin
Elysia

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:12 am

Wise words my prince Wink

Totally agree, lets wait and see how far we can tip the ballance before we take the debate up again.

as for people leaving for raiding guilds, I couldn't agree more, I understand that not everyone like to play waw at the same pace as our guild, and that would be boring anyhow! I just hope that we gain alliances all around the realm!
Back to top Go down
Daggnabit
Knight
Daggnabit

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 am

Silly question, but has anyone thought of adding Damage Inc to the guild listings on the Karazhan realm page on the offical forums?
Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Admin
Elysia

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:37 pm

no, haven't actually, didn't know it was possible. how do I do that?

Last edited by on Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daggnabit
Knight
Daggnabit

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 2:13 am

Goto this link

http://forums.wow-europe.com/board.html;jsessionid=05316AA45712E2B7934624D172F745E7.app09_02?forumId=119529&sid=1

Log in using your account details, choose your char then away you go on the guild index post Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Level Limite Raised??   Guild Level Limite Raised?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Level Limite Raised??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next